Cinnamon 1.2 released

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Andrew33

Re: Cinnamon 1.2 released

Post by Andrew33 »

Ya know, this cinnamon stuff just ain't workin for me....can't resize anything, try to edit the css file to make changes, still can't right click the panel for anything, can't move nothin....I thought this stuff was suppose to be fixed...icons are still the same small size which needs a magnifying glass to look at, they're so small :x
kmb42vt
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kmb42vt »

I noticed on Guthub this morning that Cinnamon 1.3 looks ready to go. I also noticed that Cinnamon 1.3 is already available in the Fedora 16 repos. Well, gee whiz, what about us poor Linux Mint 12 users? What are we anyway? Chopped liver? :lol:

I know, patience young padawan (young? hahahahaha....).
"Humph. Choice, it is the quintessential Linux delusion, simultaneously the source of it's greatest strength, and it's greatest weakness." (All apologies to The Architect)
GeneC

Post by GeneC »

kmb

Cinnamon 1.3 released
http://cinnamon.linuxmint.com/?p=163

Will be watching the LMDE repos. :mrgreen:
kmb42vt
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kmb42vt »

GeneC wrote:kmb

Cinnamon 1.3 released
http://cinnamon.linuxmint.com/?p=163

Will be watching the LMDE repos. :mrgreen:
No sooner had I hit the submit button the Update Manager shield in the tray turned blue. Such power I have? :mrgreen: :D
"Humph. Choice, it is the quintessential Linux delusion, simultaneously the source of it's greatest strength, and it's greatest weakness." (All apologies to The Architect)
GeneC

Post by GeneC »

I wish I had the same power with LMDE :cry:
sandman_uz

Post by sandman_uz »

just got an update for Cinnamon 1.3...

I lost my panel options - all items (windows, systray, icons) are in flipped mode, not in classic as it was... and I see only black line in bottom. maybe it's just theme problem and i need to check for updated theme (Loki now).

its more settings in Cinnamon Setting now. more applets )

well... need to reboot maybe, but for now it looks ok, maybe need to tune up theme )

but I LOVE Cinnamon )

ps - newby in Mint and Linux based systems

UPDATE: should read Release note before reply here ) specialy about panels and applets )
kmb42vt
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kmb42vt »

GeneC wrote:I wish I had the same power with LMDE :cry:
Sorry about that. I'm on the laptop right now but as soon as I get on my desktop PC I'll boot up LMDE, give it the old hoo-doo, boujay-boujay and see what happens? Need to update LM 12 to Cinnamon 1.3 anyway. I'll let you know if it works. :D
Daniel4lm

Post by Daniel4lm »

sandman_uz wrote:just got an update for Cinnamon 1.3...

I lost my panel options - all items (windows, systray, icons) are in flipped mode, not in classic as it was... and I see only black line in bottom. maybe it's just theme problem and i need to check for updated theme (Loki now).

its more settings in Cinnamon Setting now. more applets )

well... need to reboot maybe, but for now it looks ok, maybe need to tune up theme )

but I LOVE Cinnamon )

ps - newby in Mint and Linux based systems

UPDATE: should read Release note before reply here ) specialy about panels and applets )
Heh, I tried to make a different arrangement of the panel and everything was ruined (all applets are crossed on the right side and I could not draw them to the left). After Cinnamon restart everything was as before.
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

Daniel4lm wrote:Heh, I tried to make a different arrangement of the panel and everything was ruined (all applets are crossed on the right side and I could not draw them to the left). After Cinnamon restart everything was as before.
I envy you, same thing happened to my panel and no amount of resets and restarts can bring things back to their place :)
Daniel4lm

Post by Daniel4lm »

bimsebasse wrote:
Daniel4lm wrote:Heh, I tried to make a different arrangement of the panel and everything was ruined (all applets are crossed on the right side and I could not draw them to the left). After Cinnamon restart everything was as before.
I envy you, same thing happened to my panel and no amount of resets and restarts can bring things back to their place :)
Strange, for me, everything works perfectly (now, but not before). Try with dconf-editor - like here.
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

Yes sorted. I'm leaving the panel alone for now :D

Is it an idea to lock this thread/merge with the new one now? Maybe a bit confusing if we're gonna have the same discussions in this and the other thread.
kmb42vt
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kmb42vt »

bimsebasse wrote:Yes sorted. I'm leaving the panel alone for now :D

Is it an idea to lock this thread/merge with the new one now? Maybe a bit confusing if we're gonna have the same discussions in this and the other thread.
Yup, I agree. Lock away. We need a new official thread though. Hello Oscar799?
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

[Topic Locked]

Cinnamon 1.3 released

Return to “Cinnamon”