mp3 not working in daryna

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
stowupland

mp3 not working in daryna

Post by stowupland »

I have just changed from mepis 6.5 to mint darnya and now mp3 support appears to not work in audacity and sound juicer. I can import existing mp3 files into audacity but not export them. I can see the mp3 option in audacity and sound juicer but they are not selectable. The lame files also appears to have been installed by default albeit it is not shown highlighted in the package manager. Am I going mad or is it time to go backwards to Mepis 6.5? Also I think somebody else posted with a similar question but it failed to solve my problem?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
foggytown
Level 3
Level 3

Re: mp3 not working in daryna

Post by foggytown »

The first thing I would do is be sure that "gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly" is installed. If it is already installed I would uninstall and reinstall to see if that solves the problem.

Hope that helps, if not post back here.
--john
stowupland

Post by stowupland »

Have reinstalled gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly as you suggested and nothing has changed. In sound juicer mp3 is listed as a profile option but not selectable as an output option. I can import an mp3 into audacity but not export as an mp3. I am lucky that I can get around the problem by dual booting into either into XP Windoz or using a bootable CD version of Puppy Linux where mp3 files are not a problem.

I like the look of daryna and it feels more polished than Mepis and it is obviously a better long term desktop option than Puppy.

The weird thing is that I also use Audacity in in XP windoz with no problem but want to ditch the Windoz and use free software.
nick
Level 5
Level 5

Post by nick »

Hi

When you export mp3 file from audacity on my box for the first time Audacity asks you to locate libmp3lame.so, and then you
point to it.
To locate libmp3lame.so type,

Code: Select all

locate libmp3lame.so
In my case /usr/lib/libmp3lame.so.0 and then you can export it,
try reinstalling lame

Nick
stowupland

Post by stowupland »

Tried all the logical options and still not working as designed with mp3 - ARGHHH!!!! Have now given up and installed Kaudiocreator for ripping mp3 files and ReZound to edit and save to hd. Shame that Sound Juicer and Audacity will not work as designed as it was a more polished solution to the mp3 editing lark. It has however made me think about switching to Puppy 2.15CE as it works nearly as well as daryna. Any ideas on how to force both audacity and sound juicer to work with mp3 files would be useful.

Post by Guest »

Removed audacity and reinstalled an earlier version and now the mp3 export option works? Still need a better option than Kaudiocreator to get the mp3 cd ripping to hd. Also has anybody any idea about how to get Amarok to see a 2nd CD drive? Is there a plugin for amarok to rip mp3 files?
proxima_centauri

Post by proxima_centauri »

I think I had the same problem with soundjuicer.
I think I installed gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly-multiverse and liblame0 in addition to gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly. That made it work for me.
Cheers.
newW2
Level 5
Level 5

Post by newW2 »

Did you try this solution? I think I saw mention that somebody still could select mp3 in Sound Jucier.
http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopi ... mp3#p53419

Return to “Sound”