Compiz Snap while Resizing WIndows

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Hyper

Compiz Snap while Resizing WIndows

Post by Hyper »

I have Linux Mint 11 64 bit and I'm running Compiz 1:2.9.4 but with my snapping tools I'm missing the window snap while resizing. I really want to get that back but I can't figure out what it is I need to change to get it back, or if I need to add something. I already had it deliberately downgraded to fix some compatibility issues but I'm not sure what to do now to get the window snap while resizing back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
RAWRferal

Re: Compiz Snap while Resizing WIndows

Post by RAWRferal »

Perhaps it's a compiz fusion plugin you're missing? Try installing compiz fusion via the repos/software manager if it isn't installed and see if it appears.
Hyper

Post by Hyper »

RAWRferal wrote:Perhaps it's a compiz fusion plugin you're missing? Try installing compiz fusion via the repos/software manager if it isn't installed and see if it appears.
When I installed it nothing happened, unfortunately the resizing still doesn't have any snapping
RAWRferal

Post by RAWRferal »

Maybe the options you're looking for are under the 'Grid' menu, which can be found in compiz-config under the 'Window Management' section.
Hyper

Post by Hyper »

Unfortunately I've already tried looking there, it has resize options but it's to automatically size windows and with any changes I made there was still no resize snapping.

I'm starting to think I might not be able to get this function back, I've looked all over the compiz window management functions that looked promising and I haven't seen anything.
Hyper

Post by Hyper »

Ok, well I left this issue alone since my last post. Figuring I should get used to no snap resize when suddenly last night it started working all of the sudden, I have no idea why or how this started working but it did and I'm not questioning it but I guess my answer to this was waiting for it to kick in or something.

Thanks for your suggestions to help RAWRferal, it was much appreciated!

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”