Software Manager don't work anymore (Qtcurve)

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
desh7

Re: Software Manager don't work anymore (Qtcurve)

Post by desh7 »

Having the same issue with Software Manager on Linux Mint KDE 12 32bit.
My glitch doesn`t depend on QTCurve. It`s not working at all.
Software manager doesn`t download apps without icons, and only some apps have icons.
Total noob at linux, so feel free to ask for any extra info.

Kind regards,
D.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bicaallin

Post by bicaallin »

Try with oxygen widget style, it works for me. ;)
desh7

Post by desh7 »

@bicaalin

Thanks for the reply.
Doen`t work for me, still the same.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15239107/snapshot3.jpeg
Firefox from the screenshot is ok to download, but others...
bicaallin

Post by bicaallin »

Desktop Theme: Air
Widget Style: Oxygen
Is the only combination that works for me.

PS: firfox works because is already installed.

ASmith

Post by ASmith »

My Linux 12 KDE Software Manager stopped working when I attempted to add Cinnamon Desktop at 90% it just stopped. Then multiple problems with updates began occurring:

Today, The Software Manager wouldn't allow a double mouse click to select any item.
Synaptic Package Manager started doing a endless loop on 'checking packages' when I would ask it to install a package for me after GIVING UP ON THE SOFTWARE MANAGER.
The Mint Updater right out of the box had well over 300+ Updates waiting to install, the endless looping 'checking packages' even after 3 hours would still show the cylon flashing bar (back and forth) 'checking packages'.

To Recap, the Mint 12 KDE Software Manager, Synaptic Package Manager and Mint Update stand alone apps (GUI's) all appear to have quirky problems.

To try and at least install the updates and some of the desired additionally software rather than simply GIVE UP ON the Mint 12 KDE distro entirely, I fell back to mainly using the Terminal Only mode for that.

Sudo upgrade
Successfully added the 300+ updated upgrade files.

I have no idea what has broken with the Mint 12 KDE Software Manager, but from the chat room visitors, it seems a number are experiencing the SAME PROBLEM THEMSELVES. Thus far, I have been able to minimize whatever the problem is by fall backing to the terminal to update, upgrade and install software which appears to successfully work.
Jezmy

Post by Jezmy »

I think you will find that the Software Manager depends on the default Python being a specific version. On Mint 13 (Maya), it seems to need python 2.7.3 - I set the default as python 3.2.3 and all kinds of stuff stopped working ... Software Manager included. Set it back to the previous version, 2.7.3 and it's all happy again...
The following lines will 1. remove the existing link for python, then 2. create a new link pointing to version 2.7

Code: Select all

sudo rm /usr/bin/python
sudo ln -s /usr/bin/python2.7 /usr/bin/python
Note : these are the lines I used on my system (Mint 13 Maya); yours MAY be different!!!

Return to “Software & Applications”