window list and workspace switcher in bottom panel

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nimraraga

window list and workspace switcher in bottom panel

Post by nimraraga »

Hello everyone,

I was wondering how I could move the above mentioned to the bottom panel, a simple drag and drop does not work,

I appreciate any input on the subject,
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gammelsmurf1

Re: window list and workspace switcher in bottom panel

Post by gammelsmurf1 »

Go to: "cinnamon settings" -> "Applets" -> And then tick in "cinnamon window list" and "workspace switcher".
Hope it works out for you.

OP: The order in which the applets are placed on the panel are different almost every time i log in, any ideas about that?
And now they're all to the very left... including clock, volume, network... hmm .... :?
nimraraga

Post by nimraraga »

thanks for the reply

I think you did not read the title completely, doing what you said only adds them to top panel, I want to bring them to the bottom panel.
gammelsmurf1

Post by gammelsmurf1 »

Delete
Last edited by gammelsmurf1 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paulo.delavega
Level 2
Level 2

Post by paulo.delavega »

I didn't try it myself, but I believe you can do it using dconf-editor.

Go to org > cinnamon and find enabled-applets.

Try changing 'panel1:left:1:window-list@cinnamon.org' to 'panel0:left:1:window-list@cinnamon.org'

and

'panel1:left:1:workspace-switcher@cinnamon.org' to 'panel0:left:1:workspace-switcher@cinnamon.org'.

LMK if it works :D
wyrdoak

Post by wyrdoak »

paulo.delavega wrote:I didn't try it myself, but I believe you can do it using dconf-editor.

Go to org > cinnamon and find enabled-applets.

Try changing 'panel1:left:1:window-list@cinnamon.org' to 'panel0:left:1:window-list@cinnamon.org'

and

'panel1:left:1:workspace-switcher@cinnamon.org' to 'panel0:left:1:workspace-switcher@cinnamon.org'.

LMK if it works :D
on my panel I have panel 1 and 2, with panel one the top panel. I haven't tried it with the left side yet, but on the right side ('panel2:right:1)the larger the numeral is after 'right:' the farther right it's positioned my clock switcher, since to is the farthest on the right, is numeral 7.

Hopfully it gives you a better idea of what's going on.

EDIT: OK, just checked my dconf looks like the lesser numeral is the farthest to the left after (panel2;left:) so 0 will be the farthest left.
nimraraga

Post by nimraraga »

Hi again ,

thanks for the answers,

I am using two panels (classic layout) The top panel has the menu and everything else , I wanted to add some of applets to the bottom panel.

I will try to take a look at dconf.

cheers
paulo.delavega
Level 2
Level 2

Post by paulo.delavega »

If switching to panel0 doesn't work, try switching to panel2.

EDIT: just checked it here. panel1 is the top panel and panel2 is the bottom one. Just edit dconf to choose in which panel you want the applets to appear :D

In my case, I did:

panel2:right:0:workspace-switcher@cinnamon.org
grizzler

Post by grizzler »

Is there another way to edit these settings? The dconf-editor becomes unuseable when I click in the enabled-applets entry. The window becomes as wide as the entry is long (i.e. it moves off the screen to the right) and the text colour changes to white on white. Not very useful.
paulo.delavega
Level 2
Level 2

Post by paulo.delavega »

grizzler wrote:Is there another way to edit these settings? The dconf-editor becomes unuseable when I click in the enabled-applets entry. The window becomes as wide as the entry is long (i.e. it moves off the screen to the right) and the text colour changes to white on white. Not very useful.
The same happens to me, but I'm still able to edit the settings...
nimraraga

Post by nimraraga »

Hi

I just got it work, following the advice on this thread so here is the summary again,

first add all the applets normally to the current panel. then activate the second applet (cinammon settings)

open dconf-editor (just type in the terminal)

under org->cinammon there is an attribute of bold type: enabled applets

there if both panels are acitve, one can determine the position of applets (1 or 2) and if they should be centered, left or right.

thank you clement for the greate job on cinammon.
sg1efc
Level 1
Level 1

Post by sg1efc »

This information also worked for me, Thank you everyone. :)

Return to “Cinnamon”