Eclipse

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
klaasvg

Eclipse

Post by klaasvg »

Hello,
I am a real newbie with Mint Debian, after having used Ubuntu for several years, I could not live with their version 11.10 anymore...
I decided to switch to Mint and installed the Debian variant, because this is not related to Ubintu and want to try something new.
So far so good, I am very pleased by the install procedure and the look and feel.
But, I really need the development tool Eclispe and it seems not to be in the repos. I cannot find a solution using Google, do I need to add some new repository location? Any ideas?
Thanks in advance! Greetz, Klaas
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Eclipse

Post by xenopeek »

Moved here by moderator

Eclipse is in the Sid (Unstable) repository of Debian. Once it proves at least somewhat stable, it will likely move to Wheezy (Testing) repository, and from there it will be available on LMDE.

There are probably other ways, but you could just download if from the Eclipse website? http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/ Alternatively, you could build if from source.
ej64
Level 4
Level 4

Post by ej64 »

3.7.1-1 is already in testing but perhaps not in latest of LMDE. But I agree to Vincent, you can get the latest version from the eclipse site.
Thinkpad X220 with Samsung SSD running Xubuntu 13.04
I'm getting old gladly -- I don't like to die young ...
walcken

Post by walcken »

When you can't find what you want in repositories, go to source and you will find. :wink:
dwainehead

Post by dwainehead »

Why don't you install aptana instead download, unpack tthe archive and you have a working ide, much more stable then eclipse. http://aptana.com/

good luck!
klaasvg

Post by klaasvg »

OK guys thank for your replies. I have left the Debian variant and switched to the Ubuntu-based Mint version, leaving the Debian variant maybe for later :) Building from source is right now one step too far for me.
I will definately have a look at Aptana, thanks for the tip.

Return to “LMDE Archive”