Cinnamon LMDE

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
wiugrad2010

Cinnamon LMDE

Post by wiugrad2010 »

Just an idea here but, I would love to see an ISO for LMDE Cinnamon. I know this is probably an early request given Cinnamon is in early stages of its existance. Anyone else looking for more Debian editions from Mint? Clem and team has done great work making Ubuntu better, but I think the time will come to be a Debian based distro and not a Debian/Ubuntu based distro.

@ CLEM and TEAM, you are better than Shuttleworth and Co. (especially with the new path they are taking to be on mobile devices) Break off of the dependency of Ubuntu and Mint will continue to widen the gap of being the #1 Distro.

Any thoughts?
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Cinnamon LMDE

Post by xenopeek »

Cinnamon is about to land in LMDE. A respin ISO will surely include it also.
Clem wrote:Update Pack 4 should hit the “incoming” LMDE repository in the coming weeks and provide MATE, Cinnamon, GNOME 3 and Gnome Shell to LMDE users.
Source: http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=1925
rayandrews

Post by rayandrews »

wiugrad2010 wrote:Just an idea here but, I would love to see an ISO for LMDE Cinnamon. I know this is probably an early request given Cinnamon is in early stages of its existance. Anyone else looking for more Debian editions from Mint? Clem and team has done great work making Ubuntu better, but I think the time will come to be a Debian based distro and not a Debian/Ubuntu based distro.

@ CLEM and TEAM, you are better than Shuttleworth and Co. (especially with the new path they are taking to be on mobile devices) Break off of the dependency of Ubuntu and Mint will continue to widen the gap of being the #1 Distro.

Any thoughts?
I for one agree. The dependency on Ubuntu is a complication that can only cause trouble in the long run and one can already see that the Shuttleworth team and the Mint team have different ideas on several things, so the sooner the break comes the better. Not to dis Ubuntu, it has its purpose and has been a help to Clem, no doubt, but it is time to 'leave the nest' so to speak.
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

If a new ISO is gonna follow UP4, I think it would make sense to release two of them: one with MATE and the other with all Gnome 3 stuff. Not to mention yet another one with XFCE, but everyone knows about it anyway :)
rayandrews

Post by rayandrews »

What will all these desktops out there, and now with Mint coming out with more forks, it would be nice to read some doc that gives us an overview of all the various Mint desktops, with all their whys and wherefores. Something to give us some idea what we might want to try, what we might expect, etc. Is there such?

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”