Linux Mint + Tango Studio (MintTango)

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mintyed

Linux Mint + Tango Studio (MintTango)

Post by mintyed »

Hi i have an idea here. I was wanting to run a studio operating system. as i really am into playing music. etc recording guitar, singing etc.

I was wondering if i could merge Linux Mint 9 with Tasngo studio. call it MintTango

mint 9 sources.list file = click here
Tango Studio 10.04 sources.list file = click here

Tango studio only uses LTS versions of ubuntu so ithas to be built on mint 9.

Would anyone know how i could do this.

or would it be better to use the ubuntu studio repos

Not sure what to do never done this stuff before. ao its all new.

it seems the idea of a linux mint studio was started in 2008 with this post. click here looks like nothing much has happened with this idea.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dagon
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Linux Mint + Tango Studio.

Post by dagon »

Thanks!
Here is the project homepage:
http://tangostudio.tuxfamily.org/
Here is the install information:
http://tangostudio.tuxfamily.org/en/apt-repository
I have a Mint 9 install and immediately went ahead and added the tangostudio repo using the "First Method" (install info, link above).

Tango studio consists of updated versions of media oriented programs for Ubuntu LTS. I just installed LMMS 4.13 which was released just a couple of weeks ago. Works like it should...
This looks like a killer project.
mintyed

Post by mintyed »

thansk for taking up teh initial idea and doing it. why not keep working on it and then remaster an iso adn put it out there for others to try out adn improve on it. be a good idea.
dagon
Level 7
Level 7

Post by dagon »

I'm not thrilled by the idea of a remaster. There are enough Mint versions already. Just install Mint 9 and then this repo and whammy your up to date. All that's needed is testing I think (and you'd probably want an RTC kernel). Once Mint 13 is out I might get on the case.
d00med

Re: Linux Mint + Tango Studio (MintTango)

Post by d00med »

This is relative to my interests, but why Mint 9?
dagon
Level 7
Level 7

Post by dagon »

The Tango Studio is for Ubuntu LTS based releases only.
mintyed

Post by mintyed »

well jut to let you know if there is going to have to be work done with releasing a real time Kernel like tango studio has. then why not remaster it and have fun. lol

Return to “Other topics”