Can Anybody Recognize This Dock? [SOLVED]

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Mindstormscreator

Can Anybody Recognize This Dock? [SOLVED]

Post by Mindstormscreator »

See the dock / launcher at the left of this picture?
What is this, and how do I get it? :lol: It looks really cool.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
divot66
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Can Anybody Recognize This Dock?

Post by divot66 »

That`s Cairo Dock I believe. Not sure which theme. There are lots to choose from.

http://glx-dock.org/
Mindstormscreator

divot66 wrote:That`s Cairo Dock I believe. Not sure which theme. There are lots to choose from.
Hmm, can't seem to find that "theme" at all. Anybody know?
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

Nope, it's AWN, took me all of two minutes to recreate that look:

divot66
Level 1
Level 1

Post by divot66 »

Whoops. Thanks for the correction.
drdavidk

Post by drdavidk »

Yeah, AWN Lucido, with the Curves Symmetry tinkered with under Themes. Also looks like an XFCE panel in the upper-right, functioning like a "Wingpanel," as in: http://www.webupd8.org/2011/05/get-mini ... xfce4.html
Mindstormscreator

Thanks! I'll mark this as solved and tinker with it all.
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

Mindstormscreator wrote:Thanks! I'll mark this as solved and tinker with it all.
To get a complete match, it's dark theme (one of the default themes), it's lucido style, adding separators under applets creates the wavy transitions, corner radius in Themes > Customize flattens the wave curves and "curve symmetry" pushes the semitransparent bit down. But you'll find your own setup, there are a lot of things that can be adjusted.
Mindstormscreator

bimsebasse wrote: To get a complete match, it's dark theme (one of the default themes), it's lucido style, adding separators under applets creates the wavy transitions, corner radius in Themes > Customize flattens the wave curves and "curve symmetry" pushes the semitransparent bit down. But you'll find your own setup, there are a lot of things that can be adjusted.
Awesome. I'm considering switching to LMDE XFCE from GNOME, so I'll probably work on this then. Also, is AWN old? It's website seems odd and the wiki is abandoned (it says it is flooded with spam! :lol: ).

Return to “LMDE Archive”