Easier Remote Desktop: dynamic dns front end

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
berserkwarwolf

Easier Remote Desktop: dynamic dns front end

Post by berserkwarwolf »

Services like Logmein.com are abundant in the Windows environment, while in the Linux community the solution has relied in the use of VNC and it's forks.
That may be enough for a common Linux user, but not for a Linux Mint user. In fact, the whole spirit of this excellent distribution is out-of-the-box accesibility.

That's why I propose the idea of going the extra mint mile with Remote Desktop, and making a front end for free-DNS services.

Imagine mint remote desktop this way: enable remote desktop fill out a small form and you're set, jumping over firewalls and controlling computers.
That would be awesome for the next mint release.

And maybe in the future, there could be a VNC fork with integrated ftp support, shared clipboard, remote printing, remote network drives, drag-n-dropping files between computers.
I would love to see an all-in-one application like logmein.com for linux, and I KNOW I'm not the only one.

And I'm pretty sure many are eager to flame this idea, but believe me... we NEED this, specially Linux Mint.

EASIER REMOTE DESKTOP NOW.
vote this idea now and get it noticed.
berserkwarwolf

Re: Easier Remote Desktop: dynamic dns front end

Post by berserkwarwolf »

BUMP

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”