Dual boot LXDE & Gnome?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
PiperKev
Level 2
Level 2

Dual boot LXDE & Gnome?

Post by PiperKev »

Hi, all!

Newbee question: I'm currently running standard LM12 with MATE desktop. I have two hard drives, one of which is partitioned for Linux with separate partitions for /root, /home/, and /swap. My other hard disc id NTFS-formatted and contains all of my mp3s. I've been thinking of giving LM12 LXDE a try, and I'm going to run it from a USB stick at first. If I like it, and find that it suits my requirements, my next step would be to do a dual boot installation to test it out alongside the standard LM12. Could I just do a /root install to my music hard drive (after partitioning it appropriately, of course), and use the existing /home directory for the LXDE system?

Cheers,
Kevin
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deleted

Re: Dual boot LXDE & Gnome?

Post by deleted »

You don't really have to set up for a dual boot. You could just install the LXDE packges and choose LXDE as your session when you log in.
-H
PiperKev
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Dual boot LXDE & Gnome?

Post by PiperKev »

Um, yeah...I knew that... :oops: :mrgreen:

Thanks! That worked perfectly!

Return to “Software & Applications”