[SOLVED] video problem

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jdcnosse

[SOLVED] video problem

Post by jdcnosse »

So I just recently installed Linux Mint 12 via mint4win, and when I booted into it for the first time (and logged in) my screen looked like this. I can't access (or at least it doesn't show anything on the screen) any of the other login screens (ctrl+alt+f1, f2, etc).

Screenshot is attached.

A little bit about my system is in the other screenshot.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: video problem

Post by Oscar799 »

Moved here by moderator
jdcnosse

Re: video problem

Post by jdcnosse »

So I managed to fix my problem luckily.

Booted my system with the "nomodeset" option enabled, got stuck at "Checking battery state." Found a post on Ubuntu forums explaining the need to install/reinstall video drivers (would link to it but Dolphin Browser on my tablet doesn't want to run :roll:

Second problem. No way to connect wifi via terminal. Set up girlfriend's Windows 7 desktop for Internet Connection Sharing on the wifi connection, use a patch cable to "tunnel" internet through laptop to desktop because I don't have a long enough cable. Installed the video drivers and voila! It's fixed.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Return to “Installation & Boot”