Cinnamon 1.3 released!!

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Lumikki
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Cinnamon 1.3 released!!

Post by Lumikki »

Cinnamon 1.3.1. Sometimes my computer looks like it's totally frozen. But It's just Cinnamon what is using 100% of my CPU.

I can get out of it, by Ctrl Alt F2 and killing Cinnamon process. It doens't happen often, but it does happen sometimes.
I think it has happen me like 4 times after Cinnamon 1.31 was released.
Asus P7P55D, i5 750 2.6Ghz, 8GB DDR3, GeForce 750Ti, 80GB Intel SSD, Dell 1600x1200, Dual boot, Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon, Windows 7
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

1.4 is out available for now in romeo
DeepinScrot-0505.png
Daniel4lm

Post by Daniel4lm »

zerozero wrote:1.4 is out available for now in romeo
DeepinScrot-0505.png
Heh, this is really true. This means that the new version is coming soon - Cinnamon 1.4

Also on GitHub
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

:D the new v. is out, but i believe this time Clem wants some further testing (hence placing the pkgs in romeo) and if/when he sees they are ok to-go, they will be moved to the main repo. <just my opinion ofc :mrgreen:
wyrdoak

Post by wyrdoak »

Yes, I just got 1.4, had to change the version number in the metadata.json files to get the extentions that I'm using to work and change the number of desktops [workspaces]in dconf, other than that so far so good.

EDIT: hot upper left works like Expo now. :D
Last edited by wyrdoak on Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

wyrdoak wrote: [...]change the number of desktops [workspaces]in dconf[...]
this is last week's build (and not the 1.4 stable from today) but if you go to expose you can add or delete workspaces in there
SidharthaXx

Post by SidharthaXx »

Everything looking sweet this end. Very smooth.
wyrdoak

Post by wyrdoak »

zerozero wrote:
wyrdoak wrote: [...]change the number of desktops [workspaces]in dconf[...]
this is last week's build (and not the 1.4 stable from today) but if you go to expose you can add or delete workspaces in there
Guess I missed that one. :lol: I set the settings applet now so I wouldn't forget next time. :D
z06gal

Post by z06gal »

Cinnamon 1.4 is extremely smooth and stable for me. I love the panel edit mode...no issues with drag and drop or anything. Mint 13 is going to be very nice :wink:
SidharthaXx

Post by SidharthaXx »

It would be nice to have the option of expo in one hot corner and scale in another...
lurkatron

Post by lurkatron »

bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

SidharthaXx wrote:It would be nice to have the option of expo in one hot corner and scale in another...
Not a bad idea - you should submit it to Cinnamon's github page if you want it to maybe happen. I don't think the devs scrutinize the forums for ideas.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Of course we do :)
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

Haha, OK, I won't be sending users to github like some manic crossing guard then!
chrnoble

Post by chrnoble »

@zerozero-
I am not getting that "plus" sign in Expo to add workspaces. Bug? Or is it too early in the morning, and I haven't had any coffee?
ETA: Ah, solved. I switched back to the default Cinnamon theme, restarted Cinnamon, and the "+" is there. Added workspaces, switched back to my preferred theme.
Not a bug. Let's call it a "quirk".
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

chrnoble wrote:@zerozero-
I am not getting that "plus" sign in Expo to add workspaces. Bug? [...]
Not a bug. Let's call it a "quirk".
apparently it's a theme issue, from some feedback i see here and over at webupd8 it works with some themes and doesn't with others (that screenie was with loki and it works.
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

I'm gonna make my third post in a row about this! :D

You can add workspaces in all themes, you can't see the button in themes that aren't updated for Cinnamon 1.4 but the button IS there - just click where it's supposed to be.
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

bimsebasse,
you are right to a certain extent :D the add button is there even if one doesn't see it (so we can add workspaces even with non updated themes) but afaik we can't delete them with those non-compatible themes (ok i just tried orta and new elements and it's not there- the x )
aloysius
Level 1
Level 1

Post by aloysius »

I'm still having this small problem, with the "popup descriptors" getting stuck until logout.
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

zerozero wrote:bimsebasse,
you are right to a certain extent :D the add button is there even if one doesn't see it (so we can add workspaces even with non updated themes) but afaik we can't delete them with those non-compatible themes (ok i just tried orta and new elements and it's not there- the x )
Nope, I just tried clicking where the x should be and no joy :D

But that one can be easily added since it's just a matter of copying the code from the window expo overview, i.e. in ElementaryOS the overview window-close looks like this:

Code: Select all

.window-close {
    background-image: url("img/close-window.svg");
    height: 24px;
    width: 24px;
    -st-background-image-shadow: -2px 2px 6px rgba(0,0,0,0.5);
    -cinnamon-close-overlap: 12px;
}
... adding a workspace-close-button with the same parameters creates close buttons in the workspace expo:

.workspace-close-button {
    background-image: url("img/close-window.svg");
    height: 24px;
    width: 24px;
    -st-background-image-shadow: -2px 2px 6px rgba(0,0,0,0.5);
    -cinnamon-close-overlap: 12px;
}
- and until your theme author updates the theme you can use the default add-workspace button in all themes by adding this to the cinnamon.css:

.workspace-add-button {
    background-image: url("/usr/share/cinnamon/theme/add-workspace.png");
	height: 200px;
	width: 35px;
}

Return to “Cinnamon”