[Solved] System freeze at the login screen

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Shajirr

[Solved] System freeze at the login screen

Post by Shajirr »

Finally managed to install LMDE from the usb,
the image was made with LiLi USB Creator, the only program on windows that wrote a bootable working image without permission problems.
Unetbootin is completely unusable on windows.

Now I face another problem - after the first reboot, the system at the login screen freezes, refusing any kind of input, the mouse cursor also won't move.
This is probably related to the: "acer-wmi: No or unsupported WMI interface, unable to load" message.

I'll try updating through the recovery console first as soon as I get the opportunity, right now I can only use wifi connection.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Inkit

Re: Problems installing from USB

Post by Inkit »

Edit: Sorry, I guess I must have been really sleepy when I wrote this because I don't even remember writing it. Please ignore what I wrote earlier.
Last edited by Inkit on Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shajirr

Re: Problems installing from USB

Post by Shajirr »

I've found a program which created a bootable usb without problems with permissions,
now there is another problem, I'll update the post after I try several solutions.
Shajirr

Re: System freeze at the login screen

Post by Shajirr »

I've tried reinstalling the system 3 times, every time formatting all the partitions except home, with the following results:

1) Cleaned all the configuration files prior to installing the system - after install and reboot the system runs fine until the next reboot - then it freezes at login screen.
2) This time I did not clean the config files from the home partition - the system froze at the login screen right after the install and first reboot, so I couldn't do anything at all.
3) Again I cleaned all the config files from home to be able to login at least once, after install and reboot I removed most of the xfce, since I only installed it because there is no kde version, installed kde-plasma-desktop, kdm, and linux image v 3.0.0.1, after that I am finally able to login again after rebooting.

Return to “LMDE Archive”