Mint 12 and Compiz

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Brizzal

Mint 12 and Compiz

Post by Brizzal »

First off Hi all. Glad to be part of the Linux comunity! My buddy turned me on to Linux a few weeks ago and I have tottaly embraced it!! I played around with a few live DVD's (Knnopx, Ubuntu, and Mint), and decided to go ahead and partition my hard drive and install Mint 12. It seemed that getting Compiz to work with Mint would not work after reading things on the internets...but finally got it working with Gnome 3...only problem is that the only way for me to get the animations for opening/closing/minimizing windows is to set it on random. Works fine like that. Also have the same problem logging on in Gnome classic. From what I have read it looks like Compiz is kind of an abandoned project?? Anyway, is there something I'm doing wrong...or is it just a problem with the gnome interface? It would be nice to set it up how I want rather than having it be totally random.

But even if I can't get it to work the way I want, I am pretty sold on Linux!! I wish I had heard about this sooner!!

Thanks,
Brizzal
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Mint 12 and Compiz

Post by xenopeek »

Moved here by moderator

Some info related to your question here http://forum.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=208&t=91380.
jamied_uk
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Mint 12 and Compiz

Post by jamied_uk »

hi i want compiz working on mint 12 and i use auto login how can i achive this?

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”