Sount stopped working...

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lakehousetech
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Sound stopped working...

Post by lakehousetech »

Do you have the option to choose another device when you right-click the sound icon on the panel? I've got realtek sound hardware, but linux always gives me the option of using the built in intel devices that are on my mobo. Try that out....
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
FyrFyt
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Sount stopped working...

Post by FyrFyt »

Rad

I have the same laptop and the same setup. XP MCE on a small partition. I have also experienced the no sound issue. If I find a fix I will post it here.

Have you gotten your wireless working?
FyrFyt
Level 1
Level 1

Post by FyrFyt »

Ok, I think i have narrowed it down to one of two options.

This usually occurs when I have had to use XP briefly. So I think that

a) Xp somehow messes with the Bios in some way (unlikely)

b) I had this problem last night after using XP. After about 15 min of xp usage. There was no sound. I put a fan on the laptop and let it cool the laptop for about 5 min. Came back and it worked fine. I wonder if the load on the sound device with xp creates some problem. Not sure. Just a wild guess.

Rad... let me know if the fan thing works for you.
newW2
Level 5
Level 5

Post by newW2 »

CS2 is on the WineHQ platinum list, and if you haven't run across this site (I found this site while looking around for help on running other programs in wine):

http://frankscorner.org/index.php?p=graphics
That page has a link to installing CS:
http://frankscorner.org/index.php?p=photoshopcs
Looks easy:
Type wine /pathtocdrom/setup.exe to install Photoshop.
Type wine photoshop.exe in the installation directory to run Photoshop.
Good luck.

Return to “Beginner Questions”