Update Manager / "Update Pack Info" button quit working

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
timber

Update Manager / "Update Pack Info" button quit working

Post by timber »

As the Subject: indicates my "Update Pack Info" button quit working.
I am still able to refresh and install packages via the Update Manager and the "Update Pack Info" button is green (sources.list has recommended, Incoming repositories only).
This happened prior to latest UP4 update (Mar 21, 2012) so it's probably something I did but I haven't a clue how to fix it.

Any recommendations?
Clues would be appreciated!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The Diamond Geezer

Re: Update Manager / "Update Pack Info" button quit working

Post by The Diamond Geezer »

That's funny, the same thing happened to me last night, since the updated packages hit "Incoming" (UP4). I am running LMDE UP3 Incoming in a VM within VirtualBox 4.10.
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

same here :D everything else is working fine, just the "info" button stop responding when UP4 was resynced
timber

Post by timber »

Thanks for the feedback, at least now I know it's not just me experiencing this. :wink:
Wasn't sure if my removing packages and lib's might have done some damage.

In an effort to install Wine I downloaded directly from WineHq and attempted a build which worked but soon uninstalled that then tried the Sid repository, thinking that Sid was a much better approach. I finally gave up on Wine altogether, it's still pretty clunky and crude and, no doubt, why it's not in the testing or stable repositories.
Reinstalled LMDE today and will upgrade to Incoming once again for a fresh start. I'll just go with VirtualBox instead of Wine, much more polished and is a much better fit.

Hope the button issue gets fixed but it's really not a big deal as long as the green icon still indicates that all is well in the repository department.
timber

Post by timber »

Thanks for the info ZZ ... wow, that was a quick fix!

Return to “LMDE Archive”