Interface Change After VLC Full Screen

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
malaverdiere

Interface Change After VLC Full Screen

Post by malaverdiere »

Hello,

I recently migrated from Fedora to Mint LXDE and I like it so far.

I had a weird bug though... I was watching a video in fullscreen with VLC and closed the lid of my laptop. After opening it again, and stopping the video from being displayed full screen, I saw that the bottom panel on the screen was different. For instance, the start menu was not there any more, and many of the indicators were missing.

After closing VLC it came back to normal. Then I restarted VLC and finished my video.

But after closing VLC it didn't come back this time. I also tried changing to terminal screens with ctrl-alt-F1, F2 and the like, and I eventually had some kind of panic and had to hard shutdown the laptop. Too bad I didn't note down the error message.

So I have no idea what happened. My configuration is slightly modified from the default, and I didn't change anything in the VLC config.

Has this happened to anybody else? What can I do about this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
oldfart

Re: Interface Change After VLC Full Screen

Post by oldfart »

I don't think you can do anything about it. It should startup again after you reboot. The problem is with lxpanel. I have had similar problems myself. But I have not been able to reproduce the problem so I haven't filed a bug report. See if you can recreate the problem and note the steps you take to do that. And always write down error messages. It helps get the problem solved.

Return to “Software & Applications”