Installing matlab over sshfs

Connection sharing, Firewall, Samba..etc
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Installing matlab over sshfs

Postby emarti on Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:16 am

I have installed matlab over sshfs on windows and ubuntu very easily. Go to the directory, double-click the install file. Done. Recently I installed LMDE and I'm having a lot of difficulty. After many hours of tweaking my /etc/fstab file and copying off of other sites, I eventually have the following options:

Code: Select all
sshfs#emarti@myserver.com:/... /media/...    fuse    IdentityFile=/home/emarti/.ssh/id_rsa,uid=1000,gid=1000,port=22,ConnectionAttempts=3,ServerAliveInterval=60,ServerAliveCountMax=5760,exec,noauto,allow_other,user,idmap=user,default_permissions,intr,transform_symlinks,umask=0000     0       0

Of course, the "..." are commented out. As you can see, I've done everything I can to let the permissions work, which they seem to.
(I'm surprised this took so long. For example, the model I used lacked 'allow_other', which, on my computer, means that 'sudo' won't work.)

Double-clicking in nautilus.
When I go to the appropriates directory (corresponding to the sshfs drive), if I double-click the install script, it opens it in gedit. Everywhere else on my computer, nautilus opens scripts correctly, but not here. If I right-click->Properties->Permissions, yes, "Allow executing file as program" is checked. If I go to the file in the terminal, the file says it can be executed:
emarti@emarti /media/ultracold-ssh/software/matlab/r2011b $ ls install -l
-rwxrwxrwx 1 emarti emarti 21825 Feb 24 12:03 install

And, of course, the first line of install is #!/bin/sh

Use the terminal
Similarly, the terminal refuses to execute it, unless I specifically runs /bin/sh.

emarti@emarti /media/.../matlab/r2011b $ ./install
bash: ./install: Permission denied
emarti@emarti /media/ultracold-ssh/software/matlab/r2011b $ ls install -l
-rwxrwxrwx 1 emarti emarti 21825 Feb 24 12:03 install
emarti@emarti /media/.../matlab/r2011b $ /bin/sh install
Preparing installation files ...

Of course, this isn't done yet.

Preparing installation files ...
Installing ...
Exception in thread "main" com.google.inject.ProvisionException: Guice provision errors:

1) Error in custom provider, java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
  at com.mathworks.wizard.WizardModule.provideDisplayProperties(WizardModule.java:60)
  while locating com.mathworks.instutil.DisplayProperties
  at com.mathworks.wizard.ui.components.ComponentsModule.providePaintStrategy(ComponentsModule.java:76)
  while locating com.mathworks.wizard.ui.components.PaintStrategy
    for parameter 4 at com.mathworks.wizard.ui.components.SwingComponentFactoryImpl.<init>(SwingComponentFactoryImpl.java:110)
  while locating com.mathworks.wizard.ui.components.SwingComponentFactoryImpl
  while locating com.mathworks.wizard.ui.components.SwingComponentFactory
    for parameter 1 at com.mathworks.wizard.ui.WizardUIImpl.<init>(WizardUIImpl.java:65)
  while locating com.mathworks.wizard.ui.WizardUIImpl
  while locating com.mathworks.wizard.ui.WizardUI annotated with @com.google.inject.name.Named(value=BaseWizardUI)
  at com.mathworks.wizard.ui.UIModule.provideWizardUI(UIModule.java:50)
  while locating com.mathworks.wizard.ui.WizardUI
    for parameter 0 at com.mathworks.wizard.ExceptionHandlerImpl.<init>(ExceptionHandlerImpl.java:22)
  while locating com.mathworks.wizard.ExceptionHandlerImpl
  while locating com.mathworks.wizard.ExceptionHandler

1 error
   at com.google.inject.InjectorImpl$4.get(InjectorImpl.java:767)
   at com.google.inject.InjectorImpl.getInstance(InjectorImpl.java:793)
   at com.mathworks.wizard.WizardLauncher.startWizard(WizardLauncher.java:160)
   at com.mathworks.wizard.WizardLauncher.start(WizardLauncher.java:75)
   at com.mathworks.wizard.AbstractLauncher.launch(AbstractLauncher.java:27)
   at com.mathworks.wizard.AbstractLauncher.launchStandalone(AbstractLauncher.java:18)
   at com.mathworks.installwizard.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:19)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
   at com.google.inject.internal.ProviderMethod.get(ProviderMethod.java:106)
   at com.google.inject.InternalFactoryToProviderAdapter.get(InternalFactoryToProviderAdapter.java:48)
   at com.google.inject.InjectorImpl$4$1.call(InjectorImpl.java:758)
   at com.google.inject.InjectorImpl.callInContext(InjectorImpl.java:811)
   at com.google.inject.InjectorImpl$4.get(InjectorImpl.java:754)
   at com.google.inject.spi.ProviderLookup$1.get(ProviderLookup.java:89)
   at com.google.inject.internal.ProviderMethod.get(ProviderMethod.java:95)
   at com.google.inject.InternalFactoryToProviderAdapter.get(InternalFactoryToProviderAdapter.java:48)
   at com.google.inject.SingleParameterInjector.inject(SingleParameterInjector.java:42)
   at com.google.inject.SingleParameterInjector.getAll(SingleParameterInjector.java:66)
   at com.google.inject.ConstructorInjector.construct(ConstructorInjector.java:84)
   at com.google.inject.ConstructorBindingImpl$Factory.get(ConstructorBindingImpl.java:111)
   at com.google.inject.FactoryProxy.get(FactoryProxy.java:56)
   at com.google.inject.SingleParameterInjector.inject(SingleParameterInjector.java:42)
   at com.google.inject.SingleParameterInjector.getAll(SingleParameterInjector.java:66)
   at com.google.inject.ConstructorBindingImpl$Factory.get(ConstructorBindingImpl.java:111)
   at com.google.inject.ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter$1.call(ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.java:45)
   at com.google.inject.ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.get(ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.java:42)
   at com.google.inject.Scopes$1$1.get(Scopes.java:54)
   at com.google.inject.internal.ProviderMethod.get(ProviderMethod.java:95)
   at com.google.inject.ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter$1.call(ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.java:45)
   at com.google.inject.ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.get(ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.java:42)
   at com.google.inject.InjectorImpl.callInContext(InjectorImpl.java:804)
   ... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at com.google.inject.internal.ProviderMethod.get(ProviderMethod.java:101)
   ... 54 more
Caused by: com.mathworks.instutil.JNIException: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /media/ultracold-ssh/software/matlab/r2011b/bin/glnx86/libinstutil.so: /media/ultracold-ssh/software/matlab/r2011b/bin/glnx86/libinstutil.so: failed to map segment from shared object: Operation not permitted
   at com.mathworks.instutil.NativeUtility.loadNativeLibrary(NativeUtility.java:39)
   at com.mathworks.instutil.NativeUtility.<init>(NativeUtility.java:24)
   at com.mathworks.instutil.DisplayPropertiesImpl.<init>(DisplayPropertiesImpl.java:10)
   at com.mathworks.wizard.WizardModule.provideDisplayProperties(WizardModule.java:67)
   ... 59 more
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /media/ultracold-ssh/software/matlab/r2011b/bin/glnx86/libinstutil.so: /media/ultracold-ssh/software/matlab/r2011b/bin/glnx86/libinstutil.so: failed to map segment from shared object: Operation not permitted
   at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.System.load(Unknown Source)
   at com.mathworks.instutil.NativeUtility.loadNativeLibrary(NativeUtility.java:37)
   ... 62 more
Finished

And yes, I've also tried it with sudo.

So, any ideas why (1) "./install" doesn't work and (2) why matlab won't install?

Thanks!
emarti
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Other networking topics