Upgrade 4 and Re-Spin LMDE ...

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Upgrade 4 and Re-Spin LMDE ...

Postby tenfoot on Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:46 am

In view of the multitude of upgrades which have taken place since LMDE201109, has anyone got a hint whether LMDE will have a Re-spin to include all updates?
tenfoot
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's so much bad in the best of us
And so much good in the worst of us
That it ill behoves any one of us
To judge even the least of us.
User avatar
tenfoot
Level 5
Level 5
 
Posts: 594
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:12 am
Location: Waipapa, Bay of Islands, New Zealand

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.
 

Re: Upgrade 4 and Re-Spin LMDE ...

Postby gosa on Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:04 am

tenfoot wrote:In view of the multitude of upgrades which have taken place since LMDE201109, has anyone got a hint whether LMDE will have a Re-spin to include all updates?


Here you go:
http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=1944
gosa
Level 4
Level 4
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:12 am
Location: Spain

Re: Upgrade 4 and Re-Spin LMDE ...

Postby grizzler on Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:03 am

That blog posting contains some nasty bits of disinformation about Gnome Fallback Mode. When will people get it through their heads that Fallback Mode will be around (at least) as long as Gnome 3? The applets have already been ported as well. Almost a year ago! Clem, get your facts straight!
grizzler
Level 4
Level 4
 
Posts: 462
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:19 pm
Location: The Hague, NL

Re: Upgrade 4 and Re-Spin LMDE ...

Postby gosa on Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:44 pm

grizzler wrote:That blog posting contains some nasty bits of disinformation about Gnome Fallback Mode.


Well... that might be (or not - what do I know?).

But - the blog post in question still answers the question in the original post of this thread, something I'm quite sure your reply didn't...
gosa
Level 4
Level 4
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:12 am
Location: Spain

Re: Upgrade 4 and Re-Spin LMDE ...

Postby vrkalak on Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:55 pm

Linuxmint Blog page about LMDE and UP-4 > http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=1944

Clem Says:
March 25th, 2012 at 2:21 pm

A bit off-topic, but I’m sure people wonder about this as well:

- Yes, we will respin the LMDE ISOs for Update Pack 4
Image
:: LinuxMint-Debian-Edition (Fluxbox) :: Manjaro/Arch (Xfce) ::
Registered Linux User: #497031 :: DeviantART Page
User avatar
vrkalak
Level 10
Level 10
 
Posts: 3426
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:53 pm
Location: Santa Fe, NM, USA

Re: Upgrade 4 and Re-Spin LMDE ...

Postby grizzler on Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:33 pm

gosa wrote:But - the blog post in question still answers the question in the original post of this thread, something I'm quite sure your reply didn't...

True. The question had already been answered. I shouldn't have hijacked the thread, but it happened to be the one that led me to that blog post... Never hit reply when you're still angry... :oops:
grizzler
Level 4
Level 4
 
Posts: 462
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:19 pm
Location: The Hague, NL

Re: Upgrade 4 and Re-Spin LMDE ...

Postby tenfoot on Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:18 pm

gosa wrote:
tenfoot wrote:In view of the multitude of upgrades which have taken place since LMDE201109, has anyone got a hint whether LMDE will have a Re-spin to include all updates?


Here you go:
http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=1944



Thank you for your prompt response. Now I will wait until the re-spin is available to install on my upgraded computer. Until then, I'll continue using Mint12 LXDE - the only ISO which would install on my present machine, 'cos of some obscure hardware problem.
tenfoot
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's so much bad in the best of us
And so much good in the worst of us
That it ill behoves any one of us
To judge even the least of us.
User avatar
tenfoot
Level 5
Level 5
 
Posts: 594
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:12 am
Location: Waipapa, Bay of Islands, New Zealand

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.
 

Return to Other Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest