Upgrade 4 and Re-Spin LMDE ...

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

Upgrade 4 and Re-Spin LMDE ...

Post by tenfoot »

In view of the multitude of upgrades which have taken place since LMDE201109, has anyone got a hint whether LMDE will have a Re-spin to include all updates?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tenfoot
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds darkness always got there first, and is waiting for it." Terry Pratchett (Reaper Man)
gosa
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Upgrade 4 and Re-Spin LMDE ...

Post by gosa »

tenfoot wrote:In view of the multitude of upgrades which have taken place since LMDE201109, has anyone got a hint whether LMDE will have a Re-spin to include all updates?
Here you go:
http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=1944
grizzler

Post by grizzler »

That blog posting contains some nasty bits of disinformation about Gnome Fallback Mode. When will people get it through their heads that Fallback Mode will be around (at least) as long as Gnome 3? The applets have already been ported as well. Almost a year ago! Clem, get your facts straight!
gosa
Level 4
Level 4

Post by gosa »

grizzler wrote:That blog posting contains some nasty bits of disinformation about Gnome Fallback Mode.
Well... that might be (or not - what do I know?).

But - the blog post in question still answers the question in the original post of this thread, something I'm quite sure your reply didn't...
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

Linuxmint Blog page about LMDE and UP-4 > http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=1944
Clem Says:
March 25th, 2012 at 2:21 pm

A bit off-topic, but I’m sure people wonder about this as well:

- Yes, we will respin the LMDE ISOs for Update Pack 4
grizzler

Post by grizzler »

gosa wrote:But - the blog post in question still answers the question in the original post of this thread, something I'm quite sure your reply didn't...
True. The question had already been answered. I shouldn't have hijacked the thread, but it happened to be the one that led me to that blog post... Never hit reply when you're still angry... :oops:
tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

Post by tenfoot »

gosa wrote:
tenfoot wrote:In view of the multitude of upgrades which have taken place since LMDE201109, has anyone got a hint whether LMDE will have a Re-spin to include all updates?
Here you go:
http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=1944

Thank you for your prompt response. Now I will wait until the re-spin is available to install on my upgraded computer. Until then, I'll continue using Mint12 LXDE - the only ISO which would install on my present machine, 'cos of some obscure hardware problem.
tenfoot
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds darkness always got there first, and is waiting for it." Terry Pratchett (Reaper Man)

Return to “LMDE Archive”