LMDE Kaffeine

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
giorgoslouk

LMDE Kaffeine

Post by giorgoslouk »

Hello everybody!!!!!
I'm looking for a working guide to install Kaffeine on my laptop.
Can anybody help?
Regards.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
craigevil

Re: LMDE Kaffeine

Post by craigevil »

apt-get install kaffeine ? Or use Synaptic. It installs like any other package.

On a side note haven't used Kaffeine since kde3.5, smplayer is nicer and it downloads subtitles.
gosa
Level 4
Level 4

Post by gosa »

Or why not use Software manager, search for Kaffeine and hit "Install"?
- I did that myself a couple of days ago when I installed my dvb-t usb-stick.

Might be a bit "overkill" to install Kaffeine just to watch TV, but that's the best one I've found so far for managing TV.
GregE

Post by GregE »

me-tv works fine for simple TV viewing and recording, and it is a GTK program so no extra lib dependencies.
gosa
Level 4
Level 4

Post by gosa »

GregE wrote:me-tv works fine for simple TV viewing and recording, and it is a GTK program so no extra lib dependencies.
Yeah, I have me-tv as well, but I can't seem to get it to work without giving me problems with interlacing (at least that's what I think it might be) no matter how I change the settings in the preferences.
So - I'm running kaffeine in my LXDE install with all the extra stuf it needs... funny thing is that running LM12 LXDE I couldn't get kaffeine to work with tv until I also installed me-tv (gave me codec errors).
GregE

Post by GregE »

I switched me-tv to TV Time interlacing. Then restarted me-tv and it does the job well enough. Kaffeine has a lot more functionality if you have a lot of KDE installed anyway. I have both installed.

Return to “LMDE Archive”