I am sorry if my posting not in the right place or double post. Please forgive me.
I am a very newbie in the world of Linux. And I choose Linux Mint 12 to start with this new world and seems a very good choice.
I am using Laptop HP Pavilion g4, Memory 4Gb, Second Generation i3 and Switchable Intel HD and ATI Radeon 6470m
So far, I don't have any problem with my peripheral. Sound run great, Wifi, Camera and everything run smooth.
The problem is with graphic card. I have search this forum up and down to find the rigth answer. I have follow any tips and tricks that close to my problem.. but still can't solved my problem.
Here's what I've done so far:
1. I always type "nomodeset" from when installed and everytime I reboot the computer.
2. I have download the driver from amd sites and the driver version is 12.3.
3. I have tried to install the driver and restart the computer, but I still got the black screen when restart
4. I have tried Synaptic program to disable any driver and reinstal the driver but got the black screen when restart
5. If after I installed the driver and restart the compputer and put "nomodeset" in the GRUB menu, I've got the error terminal likes picture below.
5. In system info, my graphic always VESA: Intel®Sandybridge Mobile Graphics
so, what do I do now? I have tried any solutions given in this forum and none of the solutions solved my problem.
I like this OS and I want to use it. I hope my problem is not unsolved...