6 Nations

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

6 Nations

Post by clem »

Nothing to do with Linux but... oh man, what a great start :) Don't get me wrong I like Italy and I would like to see them do better than last year, but hey.. no Michalak, no Yachvili and yet a superb French squad.

Watch the Irish though, if they'll ever get the cup it'll be this year.

If you like Rugby this is it! Not to mention the World Cup this year :)

That's it, that 6 nations cup made me drunk.... I was planning to fix some bugs today, I don't know if the timing's good anymore :)

Let's forget about our computers for a day and enjoy the beauty of rugby.

npap: what's the story man, from a set of great city-nations where Olympia ruled the world in this category, when will we see Greece join in ?

Clem,
sorry if this is a bit off-topic.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
AlsaPhil

Post by AlsaPhil »

Hey Clem,

You are right, fantastic first match 8)
If you fix the Bianca bugs so efficient as the French team fixed the Italian pack this afternoon... what can happen to mint in the future :lol: :lol: :lol:
I just tackled Bea without any compromise, will do now up-and-under with Bianca :wink:
ALLEZ LES PETITS :!:
npap
Level 6
Level 6

Re: 6 Nations

Post by npap »

clem wrote:Nothing to do with Linux but... oh man, what a great start :) Don't get me wrong I like Italy and I would like to see them do better than last year, but hey.. no Michalak, no Yachvili and yet a superb French squad.

Watch the Irish though, if they'll ever get the cup it'll be this year.

If you like Rugby this is it! Not to mention the World Cup this year :)

That's it, that 6 nations cup made me drunk.... I was planning to fix some bugs today, I don't know if the timing's good anymore :)

Let's forget about our computers for a day and enjoy the beauty of rugby.

Quote Clem, npap: what's the story man, from a set of great city-nations where Olympia ruled the world in this category, when will we see Greece join in ?

Clem,
sorry if this is a bit off-topic.
\

Forget about the Olympians. Right now they are engaged in an interstate game they call 'Orgy'
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Re: 6 Nations

Post by scorp123 »

clem wrote:Let's forget about our computers for a day and enjoy the beauty of rugby.
One of my very good American friends invited me over to his place to watch American Football SuperBowl XLI this Sunday night ... I really like the guy, and I really feel great respect for him, he's an awesome fellow. Plus he's an ex-Marine like some of his other American friends that will be there too. Listening to these ex-USMC guys and their horror stories is better than any visit to the cinema :wink:

But American Football ??? :shock: Oh man. As a rugby player once put it: "Real men don't need kevlar armor ... " :lol:

What I really would like to see one day: one bad-ass rugby team vs. an American football team ... I know that the rules differ a lot, despite the obvious similarities, but I'd really like to see something like that one day :lol:

Rugby kicks ass .... American football is almost boring compared to rugby, IMHO. :lol:

But maybe I'm just too European :wink:
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

Give me good old American college football. Forget the pros, college sports is where the fun is. Everything else seems lame.

Rafe
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Rafe »

As an All Blacks fan, I'm partial to rugby myself.
AlsaPhil

Post by AlsaPhil »

Well done Ireland, Mint's mother country :lol:
bigbearomaha
Level 3
Level 3

Post by bigbearomaha »

One of my very good American friends invited me over to his place to watch American Football SuperBowl XLI this Sunday night ... I really like the guy, and I really feel great respect for him, he's an awesome fellow. Plus he's an ex-Marine like some of his other American friends that will be there too. Listening to these ex-USMC guys and their horror stories is better than any visit to the cinema Wink

But American Football ??? Shocked Oh man. As a rugby player once put it: "Real men don't need kevlar armor ... " Laughing

What I really would like to see one day: one bad-ass rugby team vs. an American football team ... I know that the rules differ a lot, despite the obvious similarities, but I'd really like to see something like that one day Laughing

Rugby kicks ass .... American football is almost boring compared to rugby, IMHO. Laughing

But maybe I'm just too European Wink

I've watched rugby and I've played it a couple of times with some fellows who were visiting once.

I also have played american football all my life. I am a would coulda been, I tried out for a pro team, did well until an injury caused me to leave the tryouts, and just got distracted afterwards by life.

I wonder if you have ever played american football before?

The fellas I played rugby with ( they taught me) and I had them play some american football with some buddies of mine on another outing. After all was said and done, they had not a mean thing to say about american football and it's pads.

They were too busy hurting.

all in all, they figured it to work out about even ( but, their words, rugby seems to have more poor sports in their teams, taking "cheap" shots, etc. I don't know about that as the fellas I played with were all a good bunch of guys.)

Big Bear
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Freshmaker: I'm French leaving in Ireland.

Return to “Open Chat”