Debian USB Live CD not installing.

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
kleeman7

Debian USB Live CD not installing.

Post by kleeman7 »

I am trying to install LMDE on my aspire one 722, and everything runs great from the live usb. When i click the install mint it launches a warning about having root privs, without a password then does nothing, I have tried all 4 cd's XFCE 32 and 64, and Gnome 32 and 64 and they all do the same thing. I am unsure what to do. I have tried running the installer from terminal, as sudo it ask for a password and just leaving it blank returns wrong password, and it i dont use sudo it loads but then cant install due to not having root.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
claudecat

Re: Debian USB Live CD not installing.

Post by claudecat »

That's very odd... I installed LMDE on my HP Mini from usb and it never asked for a password, either from clicking the install icon or from sudo in a terminal. How did you create the live usb? Unetbootin worked for me... don't know if that would make a difference. Also, I used the latest iso - linuxmint-201109-gnome-dvd-64bit.iso.
kleeman7

Post by kleeman7 »

unetbooting worked, i had tried it before, but i didnt realize you didnt have to pick a distro, Got it installing right now.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Moved here by moderator

Return to “LMDE Archive”