Dropbox website problem

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pshadow

Dropbox website problem

Post by pshadow »

I am using mint lxde 12, and I found out that I cannot upload files to dropbox via their website. The "choose a file" button does not work on basic uploader, and "choose files" doesn't show on enhanced uploader.
For some reason I don't want to install dropbox in my mint. Is there a fix for the uploader?
Thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Dropbox website problem

Post by xenopeek »

Which web browser & version are you using? Do you perhaps have content blocking add-ons, like NoScript, that could be blocking the functionality of the website? If you are using Firefox, you may try closing all your Firefox windows and then starting Firefox from the command line with:

Code: Select all

firefox -safe-mode
This will load Firefox with all extensions and add-ons disabled. See if you can access Dropbox website then.
pshadow

Re: Dropbox website problem

Post by pshadow »

@xenopeek Thank you for the help! I found out it's because of the extension "flashblock" that blocks the uploader. Now I've put dropbox into white list and everthing goes just fine! :D

Return to “Software & Applications”