LXDE not as smoothe an install as Linux Mint Debian

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mfs2
Level 1
Level 1

LXDE not as smoothe an install as Linux Mint Debian

Post by mfs2 »

Recently bought a refurbished HP pavilion slimline s5000 series. It came with Windows 7 and it sets up when first started. I have two computers with Linux Mint Debian Edition but this computer is for my spouse and I wanted to put Linux Mint 12 LXDE on it thinking it would be a bit smoother and require less updating and etc. I made a usb stick with LXDE for the install. It did not go well.

Grub did not install and I was unable to install it or to update it. Tried to fix that by re-installing LXDE and that did not work either. It created another partition and conducted a complete install on that new partition. I then had two installations of LXDE and one of Windows 7 on the same hard drive. I finally decided to just stick with Linux Mint Debian and made a new cd for that. And that worked like a charm.

I sort of feel like LXDE needs a bit more testing and work.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mccfrank
Level 1
Level 1

Re: LXDE not as smoothe an install as Linux Mint Debian

Post by mccfrank »

The only problem I had installing LXDE was after the installation was complete ....the system just stuck there after ejecting the CD and I had to hit the reset button. But everything came up normally, with LXDE at the top of course of the GRUB menu :)

Still can't figure out why the icon for midnight commander doesn't work after I put it on the desktop...I checked and terminal=true...but clicking or dble-clicking on it does nothing :roll:

Looks like a nice distro.

Return to “Software & Applications”