desktop right click behavior

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nerdtron

desktop right click behavior

Post by nerdtron »

The default behavior of the right click desktop on Mint LXDE shows a menu with couple of options and one is desktop settings. I manage to click it and it opened a dialog box whixh lets me choose a wallpaper and change the font used on my desktop. But out of curiosity, I went to advanced tab, and check the option show menus provided by windows manager. Now every time I right-click the desktop, a different menu appears. I don't want it and I want the default options back. I can't seem to find any setting on how to change it back. Can anybody help me with this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
seppalta

Re: desktop right click behavior

Post by seppalta »

I thought it just returns if you uncheck the box in the "advanced" that you checked, and reboot. Otherwise, you can launch the wallpaper changer, as well as bring up the tab for "advanced", by entering

Code: Select all

sudo pcmanfm --desktop-pref
in terminal, and there should be font controls somewhere else. See http://douwil7.100webspace.net/linux/Tuning.html#3 for more details.
nerdtron

[Solved] desktop right click behavior

Post by nerdtron »

seppalta wrote:I thought it just returns if you uncheck the box in the "advanced" that you checked, and reboot. Otherwise, you can launch the wallpaper changer, as well as bring up the tab for "advanced", by entering

Code: Select all

sudo pcmanfm --desktop-pref
in terminal, and there should be font controls somewhere else. See http://douwil7.100webspace.net/linux/Tuning.html#3 for more details.
Thanks a lot! :D
The wallpaper changer is no where to be found once you check the box in the "advanced" tab. Thanks for the command. By the way, when I ran the command as root, the box in the "advanced" tab was unchecked, so I ran the command without sudo. It's back to the default now.

Return to “Software & Applications”