hide all windows button problem

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
shadylookin

hide all windows button problem

Post by shadylookin »

whenever i click the hide all windows button my programs have a nasty habit of disappearing. going into the shell and doing ps -e shows them still running, but they've been removed from the gui. is there anyway to fix this? should i fill out a bug report? if so where?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: hide all windows button problem

Post by Husse »

Could you be a bit more specific
Do you mean the "show the desktop"?
And do the programs disappear from the panel?
shadylookin

Post by shadylookin »

Husse wrote:Could you be a bit more specific
Do you mean the "show the desktop"?
And do the programs disappear from the panel?

yes and yes. the programs seem to go into limbo where they still show up when i type ps -e and still eat up system resources, but they've disappeared completely from the gui.
Husse

Post by Husse »

???
Never heard of and I don't have a clue
Must ask for help

Return to “Beginner Questions”