Linux Mint 13 Nightly

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Jags_FL

Linux Mint 13 Nightly

Post by Jags_FL »

is there a mirror for Linux Mint 13 nightlies ( GNOME / MATE / Cinnamon )? There's no entry for Mint 13 under "testing".

Thanks a lot in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Linux Mint 13 Nightly

Post by tdockery97 »

Mint does not publish daily/nightly builds like Ubuntu. Initial testing is done by Clem and a selected testing team. General users don't test the builds until they are published as release candidates.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
craig10x

Post by craig10x »

Also i believe that Clem wouldn't be starting to work on mint 13 until the final release of ubuntu 12.04...
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

Yep, the main Mint edition is always based on the newest Ubuntu edition. Usually there is a month or so of a few Mint RCs from the release of Ubuntu to the release of Mint.

There are nightly builds for Cinnamon, though.
Jags_FL

Post by Jags_FL »

Many thanks for the replies guys :)
kernowmint

Post by kernowmint »

I think Mint could do with a bigger testing team for the LXDE edition. There's a long time lag between the main edition and the LXDE edition, and one day coming onto this forum to check on progress I followed a link from a post to the list of tests that were needed and some of them seemed to be things that a lot of community members could help with - things like installing with mint4win, installing with custom partitioning... Perhaps if some community members could help test things like that, it would free up the devs for the more difficult things and enable them to produce a 64-bit version as well, which there's definitely a demand for.
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

That LXDE is slow is not really because of a lack of testers. Testers enough, the Mint team is just too small to have LXDE editions sooner.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.

Return to “Non-technical Questions”