LMDE Installer problem

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
saline1012

LMDE Installer problem

Post by saline1012 »

Hi all

I am having problems installing the lastest version on LMDE. When I double click Installer Icon on desktop "user privelegs granted screen" comes up and then nothing happens. I have tried running in Terminal but dont have root password.

Somebody please help me.

Gordon
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cxexa

Re: LMDE Installer problem

Post by cxexa »

This happened to me too. It just took a while to come up. I clicked 'install' twice and also went into the menu and chose it. After a short wait I had multiple instances of the installer opening.

This will probably get moved to the LMDE section of the forums, where it may get more exposure.
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

[moved here by moderator]
lbeavisc

Post by lbeavisc »

i am having the same isse but no installer ever comes up
hencke

Post by hencke »

I have the same problem. It seems to be a problem with gksudo rather than the installer. If i try to run gksudo with whatever command it ends with

Code: Select all

(gksudo:3859): Glib-CRITICAL **: g_str_has_prefix: assertion `str !=NULL' failed
while if I start the installer from terminal without gksudo it starts, but doesn't have the privileges to actually work.

EDIT: so the installer works, but can't get root priviledges any other way than gksudo which is broken. Mint user isn't in the sudoers file so even if you set a user password and try to sudo su, it won't work.

EDIT2: When I created the Live USB with Unetbootin instead of Universal USB Installer it started working.
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

hencke wrote: EDIT2: When I created the Live USB with Unetbootin instead of Universal USB Installer it started working.
unetbootin is the recommended tool
About the media: It comes as a liveDVD. Locales work differently in Debian and the package base requires more space. We made LMDE compatible with unetbootin though, so you can install it using a USB stick. here

Return to “LMDE Archive”