How do I change default grey window color?

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
shadowninjax

How do I change default grey window color?

Post by shadowninjax »

Hi, How do I change window color which is grey in Mint? Picture below:

I would like to change it to blue or white.
I'm assuming i have to change window manager? I a bit confused with window theme and GTK+ theme.. are they same? Also i'm using Cinnamon DE.

Thanks a lot :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: How do I change default grey window color?

Post by Oscar799 »

Have a look here http://cinnamon-spices.linuxmint.com/themes installation instructions at the bottom of the page

Browse GTK3 themes here http://gnome-look.org/?xsection=home

Both Cinnamon Themes and GTK3 themes need to be extracted (Right-click,choose extract here) and then placed in either /.themes or /usr/share/themes

To use a theme Menu>Preferences>Cinnamon Settings>Themes choose Cinnamon Theme you want there,use "Other Settings" tab to select window theme and GTK3 Theme
shadowninjax

Post by shadowninjax »

Thank you Oscar799. I will check those links :)
Lateralis

Post by Lateralis »

So I have the same question but no matter how furiously I try changing the window theme, I still have a hideous grey bar at the top of windows and grey backgrounds to, say, the Cinnamon settings manager.

Unfortunately I came across the same problem in Gnome 3 in Ubuntu and found a way to fix that, but I have forgotten how and cannot find the link. I just tried using gconf-editor but no matter what I set the window theme setting to, or how many times I restart the shell, the window theme stays the same.

This problem also exists in Mate and the Gnome 3 MGSE.

I really need to fix this as the colours are very jarring and it is driving me nuts, so any info would be appreciated.

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”