Everything else works except my headphones!

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
notthenewsreader

Everything else works except my headphones!

Post by notthenewsreader »

Hi everyone

I am running LMDE update pack 4. Everything is fully up to date, my microphone, webcam and everything else works. The only thing that doesn't is my heaphone socket; when I plug my headphones in - nothing, I have checked all the sound/mixer properties and cannot find a way to enable my headphones. They work fine under Mint 12, plug it in and I get sound but no matter what I try I can't get the same to happen under LMDE. Someone please help - this is the only thing stopping me using LMDE. Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
äxl

Re: Everything else works except my headphones!

Post by äxl »

You plug them in via 3.5 mm connector (TRS) or via USB?

Try in terminal and give output please

Code: Select all

lsusb
and

cat /proc/bus/input/devices
Plug your headphones in and out while

lshal -m
notthenewsreader

Post by notthenewsreader »

Hi, sorry for not replying sooner; I didn't know that anyone had replied to this. I am using a 3.5mm jack connector. There is a microphone and headphone socket on the front of my pc. Under mint 12, if I plug in the headphones, I can hear through them without having to adjust anything but under LMDE, if I plug the headphones in, nothing happens, even if I run alsamixer and try adjusting some settings. LMDE just doesn't seem to know that I have a headphone socket. I will try those commands and paste the output here. Thanks
ealltech

Post by ealltech »

I think that playing the game, bring the monster

headphones, I feel very cool, very shocking,please visit the web:http://www.headphoneedle.com

Return to “LMDE Archive”