Compiz killed my genome

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
razedafear

Compiz killed my genome

Post by razedafear »

Hi

I installed the 32bit version for linix mint 12 lisa on within windows 7 (as an win application). Upgraded it to DVD version to include the add ons and codecs, then updated the packages(by clicking update manager). Finally i installed compiz and all its extras. I know compiz works with genome classics and not the new gnome, so every time i login to "genome classic" instead of "genome". but what i see is that installing the compiz has killed by genome effects totally. When i boot into the "genome" i don't see the title bars just two icons "my computer" and "home" folder. Tried re-installing compiz it didnt work.
Compiz is working for now with genome classic environment.
Point to note here is that i also added the compiz in my startup programs,(didn't work without this) so can that be the issue? or is there something else i need to fix?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hovy

Re: Compiz killed my genome

Post by Hovy »

Same here but I use the 64-bit version of Linux Mint 12.

This Bug affects my system since the "sudo aptitude upgrade" today.
Seams that "compiz --replace" starts "unity-window-decorator" and this one causes the bug.

[edit]
supplement: This Bug also affects the normal Gnome by default (without compiz of course). Just Gnome Classic is not affected when compiz isn't running. I try to supply a debug log later today...
[/edit]

Thanks for any informations on this bug.

P.S.: I just use Linux Mint 12 since a week or so... Where to report Bugs for this distro? Sorry for annoying question
Hovy

Re: Compiz killed my genome

Post by Hovy »

I think I found out that the problem is the newer version of "nvidia-current".

How can I save go back to the Version used before the update on the 12. April?

Hovy

Return to “MATE”