Broadband and Daryna(grin)

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
fixrman
Level 3
Level 3

Broadband and Daryna(grin)

Post by fixrman »

I have noticed that with Daryna, my page loading speeds are less, as are speed tests at http://www.broadbandreports.com, something I attribute to default settings.

The RWIN for Daryna is reported as being 204416, which is way too high. The MTU reports as being 1488, but according BBR, it is actually not taking into account the header of 12, which would make the MTU 1500. I'd like to set the RWIN to 67735 and see what happens. Can anyone tell me how to do this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Broadband and Daryna(grin)

Post by Husse »

Take a look at this
http://www.santa-li.com/linuxonbb.html
but don't do anything
This is different from Windows - RWIN is set dynamically, don't know about MTU
fixrman
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Broadband and Daryna(grin)

Post by fixrman »

I'd have to agree with your advice not to change anything. I have to admit that my broadband tweaking is mostly due to using Windows from the 9x days and having issues with service being slow. There is a GUI-based utility, but I see what the author is talking about regarding scaling. BBR reports that my RWIN is 204416, but that may be a max only; it seems it is dependent upon packet size sent.

I'll do a bit more research on this before I make any changes. I'd be over my head anyway. I will say that when I boot into 2K, page loading is faster. Perhaps that has more to do with the Firefox version than the OS. Thanks for the reply. :)

Return to “Beginner Questions”