can`t boot linux mint on acer aspire

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ilanesh
Level 1
Level 1

can`t boot linux mint on acer aspire

Post by ilanesh »

I give up, can`t boot any linux mint live cd from my acer aspire 5610,
but all ubuntus, kubuntus xubuntus bot up without any problem and install and run.
why not mint?
I tried mint daryna gnome and also mint daryna kde, always the same problems, will not boot, it starts and then it hangs.
I tried it on a nother notebook, there it boots up, but this is my windows notebook, and the acer aspire is for my linux distros.
All the other linux distros also boot up and run ok, like pclinuxos, mandriva, opensuse, kubuntu, ubuntu, xubuntu, pcbsd, why not mint?
It drives me crazy, what is wrong with mint? Help!!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nick
Level 5
Level 5

Re: can`t boot linux mint on acer aspire

Post by nick »

Hi

Have you tried the options here:

http://linuxmint.com/wiki/index.php/Tro ... ur_Live_CD

scroll down

Nick
rfruth
Level 1
Level 1

Post by rfruth »

my Compaq Evo (a desktop) won't run Mint either (live CD and install go fine) after Mint install the loading Grub message is displayed then the system hangs (no more keyboard LEDs, nothing) - so I tried Debian (Etch) exact same thing ! - then installed Debian in "expert" mode & said use LILO not GRUB and all was well - Ubuntu (GRUB) works fine, is there a way to have Mint use LILO OR write (GRUB) to the MBR AND the 1st partition :?:
ganga

Post by ganga »

I had a similar problem on my acer 4520. Chk the thread here http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=510352&page=12

page 11 & 12, it may help. It helped me.

Return to “Installation & Boot”