SOLUTION Software Manager Crash Mint 12 KDE

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kevin1961

SOLUTION Software Manager Crash Mint 12 KDE

Post by kevin1961 »

If you are having the software manager close on you after 3 seconds or so try this:-

Go into application launcher and search for Nepomuk Fille Indexing Controller and just click on it. Then go back into software manager and you should find it will open. I have tried this and it works using mint 12 KDE. Hope this helps someone out

Thanks also to Coyote who helped out with this on the Quassel IRC client for mint 12
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bazzaman

Re: SOLUTION Software Manager Crash Mint 12 KDE

Post by bazzaman »

Am having this problem... i.e. Software Manager closing after about 3 seconds. Followed your suggestion (Applications>/System>Nepomuk Fille Indexing Controller) but no joy.
This could be a deal-breaker... need a software manager, no?
iMonsterette

Post by iMonsterette »

i'm facing the same error , software manager keep shutting down after few seconds , tried what's suggested above but no use.. :(
mank_in

Post by mank_in »

Maybe install Muon from synaptic package manager will helps.
AssassinClass

Post by AssassinClass »

tried it with no luck.
zedalone

Post by zedalone »

I came to a solution by accident :P . I had a problem with banshee under kde. So someone suggested to change the oxygen gtk theme (settings>application appearance) with something else. That also fixed the software manager problem :D

Return to “Software & Applications”