network printer (Ratkaistu)

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
edgard
Level 1
Level 1

network printer (Ratkaistu)

Post by edgard »

How to find a network printer. I tried to add a network printer, I got a message "FirewallD is not running. Network printer detection needs mdns services, ipp, ipp-client and samba-client firewall is enabled." How do I get a firewall activity, if it is not in operation

I'm Finnish, I do not understand other languages​​, so I wrote this Google translator, but try to understand my problems.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Re: network printer

Post by altair4 »

FirewallD is a RedHat / Fedora daemon. It ended up in a Debian / Ubuntu / Mint Gnome application by mistake.

Install the following package:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install system-config-printer
EDIT: Just noticed that you are using Debian-based Mint. You will need to install another package as well:

sudo apt-get install python-smbc
If you plan on using Samba for file sharing you might want to review the Debian section of the following HowTo for all the other things you need to do to get Debian working: Simple File Sharing in Mint: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 18#p315218
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
edgard
Level 1
Level 1

Post by edgard »

altair4 wrote:FirewallD is a RedHat / Fedora daemon. It ended up in a Debian / Ubuntu / Mint Gnome application by mistake.

Install the following package:

sudo apt-get install system-config-printer
EDIT: Just noticed that you are using Debian-based Mint. You will need to install another package as well:

sudo apt-get install python-smbc
If you plan on using Samba for file sharing you might want to review the Debian section of the following HowTo for all the other things you need to do to get Debian working: Simple File Sharing in Mint: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 18#p315218
None of these actions helped. The terminal said that both had already installed the latest version of
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Post by altair4 »

Open a terminal and run:

system-config-printer
If you are still getting a reference to FirewallD then you problem is something else.
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
edgard
Level 1
Level 1

Post by edgard »

altair4 wrote:Open a terminal and run:

system-config-printer
If you are still getting a reference to FirewallD then you problem is something else.
now works, thank you
t:edgard

Return to “LMDE Archive”