Linux Mint Debian 201204 Install

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
laofzu
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint Debian 201204 Install

Post by laofzu »

I found the new iso's, downloaded them and tried to install. What are the login and password needed to proceed with booting live?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cwwgateway

Re: Linux Mint Debian 201204 Install

Post by cwwgateway »

laofzu wrote:I found the new iso's, downloaded them and tried to install. What are the login and password needed to proceed with booting live?
The login is usually mint with no password.
laofzu
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Linux Mint Debian 201204 Install

Post by laofzu »

Tried to install again, this time didn't ask for a login. Will keep your advice in mind if the problem comes up again. Thanks for the quick response.
lwrver

Re: Linux Mint Debian 201204 Install problems

Post by lwrver »

I had the same problem. Never before have I seen a login prompt when booting to a liveCD. I exited and started a new session and it came up OK, although slowly. I have been trying since then to install, but the installer always hangs up after a few minutes displaying the message "copying usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/r300_dri.so". When I cancel the install it says that "the installer is not responding". I don't know what to make of all this. The LM-201204 RC iso installed just fine, but I lost access to cinnamon, so I decided to wait for the final and reinstall. I'll try downloading the final version again to see if that makes a difference.

Return to “LMDE Archive”