How to make Live CDs

Contribute code & patches
Forum rules
No support questions here please

How to make Live CDs

Postby dalcde on Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:02 am

How do you make live CDs? What's the technique used (especially in LMDE)? If I have spare time (not really that likely in the near future), I'd like to try to make and contribute a LMDE KDE version, but I don't know the methods used to create live CDs. Any ideas?
dalcde
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: How to make Live CDs

Postby AlbertP on Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:32 am

I think they use mintconstructor for this, but I'm not sure about it.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Postby OldManHook on Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:24 am

dalcde wrote:How do you make live CDs? What's the technique used (especially in LMDE)? If I have spare time (not really that likely in the near future), I'd like to try to make and contribute a LMDE KDE version, but I don't know the methods used to create live CDs. Any ideas?

Don't take this wrong but if you have to ask this question you are NRFPT,For this Google,Research and Read :)
KDE can be installed in LMDE for use as your DE But if you are talking about a KDE Distro... :?: :?:
"Be the change you want to see in the world"
Gandhi
OldManHook
Level 5
Level 5

Postby dalcde on Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:48 am

I admit that I'm far from being capable of creating a live CD. Yes, I have googled it, but most of them are about simply creating a image you can boot. That's different from having one you can run live AND install. Moreover, I'm pretty sure there are a few different ways to do that, and I'd like to know which way it is done in LMDE so that I know what I should be researching on.
dalcde
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Code & Patches