No sound through speakers, ONLY through headphones

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
steveplatz
Level 1
Level 1

No sound through speakers, ONLY through headphones

Post by steveplatz »

I'm trying to understand if this is a hardware or software issue, yesterday I had sound through my laptop (Lenovo Ideapad U260) speakers and today I only have sound through my headphones. I am using Mint 12 with Cinnamon, but the issue persists with other desktops. As far as I know, I haven't made any updates that would effect my sound, but I can't be sure. There are lots of recent posts here about sound issues with LMDE, but nothing about this. Does anyone have an idea about how to troubleshoot this?

*edit I was able to correct this by opening the Volume Control preferences and checking Auto-Mute Mode and then disabling it. Seems like a funny bug, but I'm not sure where I would report it.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
swarage

Re: No sound through speakers, ONLY through headphones

Post by swarage »

I have tried that, but it still doesn't work. I have a hp pavilion dm4 and changing the automute button does not work.

(note: if you look at a pavilion dm4 up close, you notice that there is a button for volume on the f11 key. The light for that is currently orange when the norm is blue)

Return to “LMDE Archive”