Another problem with booting the live cd

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
FoolOnTheHill

Another problem with booting the live cd

Post by FoolOnTheHill »

Hey guys..

Heres what..
I Installed mint with the live cd on my laptop with no problem..
As I found it AWSOME (had already tried ubuntu some time ago, and there was lots of stuff that didn't work) i moved on to install it on my desktop.

Now heres the problem.. i get past the boot menu and then eventually it gives me a blue screen saying that the server had restarted over 6 times. Then there is a times for 30 seconds i think. it starts working again and comes back to the bluescreen with the same problem... I tryed everything here, not working.. some options go to the bluescreen, others go to the prompt and when i type "modprobe piix" it says it doesnt exist.

Can anyone help me? Thank you...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Another problem with booting the live cd

Post by Husse »

It helps if you tell us the hardware you use
My guess is Macbook...
FoolOnTheHill

Post by FoolOnTheHill »

Sorry..
No.. my laptop, were i installed with no problem is a Asus F3Sc.
The Desktop were i'm having problems has a Asus P5S-MX SE with a Intel Pentium 4 with 1Gb RAm.. IDE Harddrive..

Can you help me?

Thank you...
Husse

Post by Husse »

I checked ASUS and this is not exactly their best motherboard has SIS chipset
SIS 671FX+SIS 968 and SIS Mirage 3 Integrated Graphics
Also try any of the following or any combination of them
noapic
nolapic
noacpi
acpi=off
FoolOnTheHill

Post by FoolOnTheHill »

I tried all those options.. those are on wiki...

That means it wont work? ubuntu works.. but even with all the latest updates it is not as good as mint, is it?
mcurtiss1970

Post by mcurtiss1970 »

I finally had success last night by deleting "quietsplash --" and inserting "nosplash noapic nolapic break=button"
Husse

Post by Husse »

mcurtiss1970 are you the same person as the nick FoolOnTheHill?
mcurtiss1970**

Post by mcurtiss1970** »

Husse wrote:mcurtiss1970 are you the same person as the nick FoolOnTheHill?
I'm not foolonthehill, and i just tried to register. seems i mis-clicked and said I was born after 1995 (which as you can see, I was born in 1970)
Husse

Post by Husse »

@ mcurtiss1970
I hope you can see that the statement "I finally had success" is ambiguous when you are not the person that started the topic....
Try to register again - if you don't succeed send a mail to root at linuxmint dot com and explain the situation
mcurtiss1970**

Post by mcurtiss1970** »

Husse wrote:@ mcurtiss1970
I hope you can see that the statement "I finally had success" is ambiguous when you are not the person that started the topic....
Try to register again - if you don't succeed send a mail to root at linuxmint dot com and explain the situation
you're right. i should have said "i've been having the same issues as foolonthehill, and I ....."

i sent the email to the root@ email as well as reported my post above. Thank for helping to get my registration issues resolved.

Return to “Installation & Boot”