201204 Xfce LMDE is lookin'...

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tek_heretik

201204 Xfce LMDE is lookin'...

Post by tek_heretik »

pretty good, gunna give it a whirl. I so miss clean/normal icons, etc, and a normal/functional desktop, I am so sick of the smart-phone GUI craze, ARRRRRRRRRRG!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: 201204 Xfce LMDE is lookin'...

Post by xenopeek »

Yup, it is pretty sweet :mrgreen:
tek_heretik

Post by tek_heretik »

The ONLY problem is, there is no dmraid built in to the live disk, been down this road too many times, there is in the main edition though, that enables me to install to the Intel Raid 0. Hmm, an Xfce main edition?
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

Sorry, but looks like LMDE installer and RAID are still not friends.
It's been discussed several times, here's one of these threads: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=85810

And yes, there's a link to a howto inside - but use it at your own risk. :)
tek_heretik

Post by tek_heretik »

@Monsta...Thanks for the link. It's all because I have become too spoiled by modern distros, lol, everything working 'out of the box'. Guess I will just have to get off (or on, lol) my lazy butt and do the command line install. I am running Netrunner 4.1 from the Raid right now, pretty nice distro BUT, yet again, based on Unbuntu (Kubuntu actually) and that means a limited life cycle. Here's an interesting fact...I gave the most recent Kanotix a live spin, Gparted (that comes with Kanotix) 'sees' the device mapper Raid but the Kanotix installer doesn't, go figure. Overclockix won't even boot, found that very strange, just bypasses the opitical drive and boots from the Raid.
lahirdenganselamat
Level 4
Level 4

Post by lahirdenganselamat »

I think it will be great if we can add mintmenu on XFCE.. I mean, mint menu like on katya, the one that able to fast search, install package, etc..
I'm just installed LMDX 15 hour ago, and now I think its (kind of) as good as my gnome2.. :D. For me, XFCE was much better then gnome-now.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”