Didnt Install [SOLVED]

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Forever

Didnt Install [SOLVED]

Post by Forever »

Hi everyone,

Its my second time in a long time trying out a new linux distro. I was gonna give mint a chance and see how it goes. I tried installing it the way normally do certain installations.

My computer is a 2gig ram x64 bit and it has windows 7 on it. I downloaded http://www.linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=93 yesterday.

I formatted my 16 gig usb drive to formatted clean. I downloaded another tool called unetbootin to installed the iso on to the usb drive. I have done this before with windows 8, it worked.

Every time I tried to booth through usb stick, it gave me the Bootmgr missing ctl+alt+delete option.

When I opened my usb, I click the installed. It gave me a choice to install it on my hard drive. I did install it on a new partitions hard drive that I made just for linux mint size = 20gig, 13 minutes of waiting, it installed. I restarted, nothing came up. I uninstalled and I installed on my primary partition harddrive. Restart, and nothing.

Can someone tell me, what I am doing wrong?

If it gave me the option of installing it just like an application, what am I suppose to click to make it run once I installed it on my selected partition hard drive?

Thanks for your input and taking the time to read my problem. Let me know if you need more facts, I am just a newbie when it comes to linux. I dont know what dev or some of those words meant when I was skimming though some of the topics on here.

Thanks again.

Edit: I got the following error when I was installing it on my primary partitioned harddrive as an application.

The error = 'WindowsBackend' object has no attribute 'iso_path'.

This error came both times I tried installing it on my partition hard drive.

AttributeError: 'WindowsBackend' object has no attribute 'iso_path' (Last line of the text file)

It also gave me the location of the error file. Its attached. Well, I couldnt upload an attachment because of an extension error or something.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Didnt Install

Post by xenopeek »

Moved here by moderator
Forever wrote:When I opened my usb, I click the installed. It gave me a choice to install it on my hard drive. I did install it on a new partitions hard drive that I made just for linux mint size = 20gig, 13 minutes of waiting, it installed. I restarted, nothing came up. I uninstalled and I installed on my primary partition harddrive. Restart, and nothing.
From this I'm assuming you started the installation inside Windows? The Windows installer for Linux Mint is called mint4win. In this section, where I've moved your topic, you might find answer or get support on installing with mint4win.
Forever

Post by Forever »

I installed through dvd. So, I guess it all good.

Anyway to lock this thread?
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Scroll back up to your first post in this topic, click the edit button in the top right of the post, and add [SOLVED] to the title of your post to indicate it is solved :)

Return to “Installation & Boot”