cannot resize partition

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
captain_juno

cannot resize partition

Post by captain_juno »

I'm trying to install Mint with the guided partition step. I set how much I want the main partition to have and then the rest of the space was supposed to be for Mint. When I did this, I had to save changes made previously to the disk. Then, an error came up saying: "An error occured while writing the changes to the storage devices. The resize operation is aborted." Is there something else I need to do?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
newW2
Level 5
Level 5

Re: cannot resize partition

Post by newW2 »

Is this a different effort than the one on the Newbie Questions section? Have you read the Daryna_User_Guide_4.1? It is here if you have not:
http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=0&t=9053 Installing starts on page 14.
From the other thread in the Newbie section of the forum it looks like you are trying a dual boot with XP. Is that correct?
Then post back with what you are wanting the partitions to look like. Take a look at page 19 of the user guide. I don't expect your partitioning will look exactly like illustrated on this page, but if you use the same information / format for the list it will help us all help you.
Now to return to the insomnia battle that I was loosing. :lol:

Return to “Installation & Boot”