[SOLVED]Problem during install of 64-Bit MATE/Cinnamon.

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
BustingLenin

[SOLVED]Problem during install of 64-Bit MATE/Cinnamon.

Post by BustingLenin »

Hello!

Very novice Linux user here. I've been using Pinguy for a while and I liked it but thought it had way too many apps by default, and this Distro looks appealing to me. I just changed my Harddrive from a 500GB HDD to a 128SSD, along with my video card from an ATI XFX 4970 to a NVIDIA GeForce 560 Ti 448 Cores, and thought this would be a good opportunity to try Linux Mint Debian.

However, I am having trouble installing the OS. When I start it up, it gives me the (presumably normal) message of 10 seconds to boot automatically. Then it goes to the (Do not want to misuse the term here, but Terminal? White text on a black screen, no GUI.) And displays this:

Believing that maybe my burn was bad or that the OS and I were going to have some kind of compatibility error, I tried to run a LiveCD of Pinguy. It also failed, displaying a message that I believe was regarding my video card. (I could take a picture, if this would help.

I suspect it has something to do with my new hardware, though I do not know what. I'm successfully running Windows 7 64-bit Professional Edition right now, which I intend to Dual-Boot with LMDE. Thank you!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
BustingLenin

Re: [SOLVED]Problem during install of 64-Bit MATE/Cinnamon.

Post by BustingLenin »

I managed to solve my issue by adding "nomodeset" to the end of the LiveMode config -- then installing, adding "nomodeset" in GRUB, and finally, installing the NVIDIA drivers. Thanks!

Return to “LMDE Archive”