LMDE XFCE | Hibernate Issue

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bunstonious

LMDE XFCE | Hibernate Issue

Post by bunstonious »

Hi guys,

I have recently installed LMDE XFCE on my Acer Aspire One Happy and have found it most nice to use (was a bit of a pain getting it on there), however the one issue I have having is that it does seem to like Hibernating as when I restore the computer it boots freshly, and Firefox brings up its crash screen when it is opened (because it was open on Hibernate).

I am not sure where to begin troubleshooting this as I don't know how Linux actually hibernates (i know that Windows dumps the RAM to the disk in a file called hiberfile.sys), and while I am very technical with IT I am struggleing as to where the fault might be. I would like to note that Hibernation works in Windows 7 on the same machine as I tested it before I instealled Linux on here (finally).
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DataMan

Re: LMDE XFCE | Hibernate Issue

Post by DataMan »

Having just completed my installation of Mint 12 Xfce (Debian), I went through the same thing. It seems that Debian just cannot get the power management - hibernation correct at installation (as in this has been going on for a very long time). Basically, the uuid identified in the resume file is not correct with respect to your swap uuid. If interested, checkout the short paper I authored on Fixing Suspend / Hibernate at:

http://www.boomerclan.info/techpaperslx.html

Hope this resolves the situation for you.

-DataMan

Return to “Xfce”