WiFi disappears on reboot

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
scbs29

WiFi disappears on reboot

Post by scbs29 »

Hello again
Following my previous post http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 5&t=100223 and following tips found elsewhere, I downloaded the WPN111 driver from Netgear and ran the exec under Wine. I then used System Tools - Windows Wireless Drivers to install the driver for the WPN111 by navigating to the Drivers folder under home/.Wine/drive_c/Program Files/Netgear/WPN111/Driver and selecting netwpn11.inf. This installed the driver and I had WiFi internet connection. When I reboot, however, the system cannot find the connection, and Preferences/Network Connections tells me that there are no active connections. Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver restores the WiFi connection again. Can anyone offer any advice on keeping the connection on reboot?
Any advice gratefully received.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Re: WiFi disappears on reboot

Post by AlbertP »

Did you already try this how-to? http://blog.radevic.com/2012/02/how-to- ... pn111.html
The tutorial is for Ubuntu but should also work here. For mint 12 you would use the ubuntu 11.10 package from that tutorial as Mint 12 is compatible with that Ubuntu version. Mint 11 is compatible with 11.04.

After installing ar5523 please remove the windows driver from Windows Wireless Drivers, else the drivers may conflict or the wrong one may be loaded.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.
scbs29

Post by scbs29 »

Thanks for the reply.
Yes I did try as you suggested, but the dongle was not detected, so I have gone back to what was set up before, and if she has to reboot she will have to reinstall the driver, unless anyone can help with keeping it over a reboot.
Sorry for the delay in replying, but I only have access to the pc once a week.
seppalta

Post by seppalta »

Sometimes a firmware install solves wireless problems. See http://douwil7.100webspace.net/linux/Tuning.html#18.
libertad

Post by libertad »

did you solve the problem , i have the same but i cant copy the b43 folder to /lib/firmware
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

@ libertad: Please open a new topic for your problem.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.

Return to “Software & Applications”