Flash

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
alberto_chaos

Flash

Post by alberto_chaos »

Hello, I've installed LMDE XFCE today, solved some issues, then installed UP4, solved some more issues, then I've just tried to load a 1080p flash video at youtube and it is buggy, around 10fps, audio is great, but video cannot synch of course, though it drop a lot of frames trying. What could it be?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Inkit

Re: Flash

Post by Inkit »

I solved it by installing the flash aid add on in firefox. Just follow the instructions to install flash, but go with the beta version, it works better.
alberto_chaos

Post by alberto_chaos »

Inkit wrote:I solved it by installing the flash aid add on in firefox. Just follow the instructions to install flash, but go with the beta version, it works better.
I use Chrome. :|
craigevil

Post by craigevil »

Chrome comes with Flash built in, I always disable the flashplugin that Firefox using since they both show up in about:plugins on Chrome.

Try disabling hardware acceleration, it has been buggy in Adobe Flash for Linux for a long long time.

For other browsers than Chrome try upgrading your version of flash.
as root run

Code: Select all

update-flashplugin-nonfree --install
While the Flash-aid extension may work it is not made for Debian/LMDE, stick with doing things the Debian way and you will have fewer problems.
alberto_chaos

Post by alberto_chaos »

craigevil wrote:Chrome comes with Flash built in, I always disable the flashplugin that Firefox using since they both show up in about:plugins on Chrome.

Try disabling hardware acceleration, it has been buggy in Adobe Flash for Linux for a long long time.

For other browsers than Chrome try upgrading your version of flash.
as root run

Code: Select all

update-flashplugin-nonfree --install
While the Flash-aid extension may work it is not made for Debian/LMDE, stick with doing things the Debian way and you will have fewer problems.
Thanks craigevil, but unfortunately I can't unmark the checkbox about hardware acceleration, I cannot even click the in the settings box, using <tab> and <space> I can navigate and interact with it, but not uncheck this options, it would probably solve this issue from what I've heard...

Return to “LMDE Archive”