Scott65 wrote:sda6 is the original Lisa, sda1 is the copy. They both have the same mount point "/". (Same UUID.)?
sda2 is the new swap I made. sda7 is the old swap.
(I booted from a USB stick. sdb1
Yes, they both have the same uuid because you use gparted to copy old partition to new partition
Now you really no longer need sda6, that was your original plan, copy small partition to a new large partition.
Do not run with two of the same uuid partitions. something will become funny later.
So you should run only on new partitions, that will be sda1 / and sda2 swap.
Here is how to do properly:
1. boot and run from Live DVD
2. run gparted
3. use gparted to delete sda7
4. use gparted to delete sda6
5. sudo os-prober, you should check that now there is only sda1listed like
/dev/sda1:Linux Mint 12 Lisa (12):LinuxMint:linux
6. cat /etc/fstab to confirm that both sda1 and sda2 have the same uuid as your earlier post.
7. next is to mount the sda1 partition
sudo mount /dev/sda1 /mnt
8. and install grub to MBR
sudo grub-install --root-directory=/mnt /dev/sda
9 you should read that no error, if there is error, copy them and paste here.
10. reboot and see what happen.